Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Hobby?!?!

Ok, so I get a little bored being a stay at home mom, and I am always interested in learning something new. Last time it was candle making, when I caught the kitchen on fire! When a can of candle release says "Do not spray around an open flame"...you should listen to it!!! I love to make candles, but there are only so many you can make before you actually have to start burning them! So I went searching for another hobby and ended up with cake decorating.

My first try was with cupcakes. I can do the star, the swirl, the blob, and the ice cream cone. The last two are names I made up because that is how they turned out. It was easier than I thought. My hand did hurt the next day (the thorn in my side- carpal tunnel) but it is definitely something I want to keep doing.

My second experiment was with brownie bites. This was a tough job because I had to cut the hard edges off the brownies before I frosted them. Then I put them in mini-cupcake papers for less mess. David took a couple dozen to work with him today. Trying not to sound like I am boasting, but they were a yummy treat!


This is Chris' last week of summer break and he goes back to school on Sept 2nd. All the angels sang "HALLELUJAH!" Seriously, though, it has been a pretty good summer. Back to school means more PTO work, volunteering in the classroom, and doing homework. Chris and I are both looking forward to it. I can tell this is going to be a great year!

No comments: