Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's Official!

I have a new 'favorite' movie! I don't know if it is because David and I got married in Vegas or what, but I LOVE the movie "What Happens in Vegas" with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. It's such a great romantic comedy. I love the scene on the beach after Jack finds Joy. They had great chemistry and it was just a great chick flick. I've watched it several times now and love it more each time.
Anyway, Chris and I have been enjoying his school break. We worked the Book Fair at Nancy Gomes the last two weeks. Volunteering is always so rewarding, and Chris felt very 'useful' helping there too. I think every child needs a 'job' every once in ahwile outside of chores. They really like to help.
I've been 'trying' to do a little homework here and there, even though I am on break too. I just want to be a little ahead when I start classes on the 1st. My teaching textbooks are so much more interesting than my last term of US history and world literature! I am really going to love the next term- one of my classes is Special Ed, and I am so into that right now. When I was going through elementary school, kids that didn't progress to the next level were just considered
'not smart.' Now there are all kinds of labels for the poor little people, when really all they need is a little extra time and attention, mainly in learning the concepts differently than the other kids. Just a little TLC and some creativity with the curriculum and special ed kids can really soar.
I have the day to myself today, so without further delay, I am going to spend some time doing some crafts or something else that is theraputic. Maybe just vegging in front of the TV, but it will be relaxing nonetheless.
Ciao!
Leigh

No comments: