Chris is tracked off from school this month. It's a good month for a break too- the weather is breaking (although I just heard that we might have flurries on Thurs), things are starting to bloom (and my allergies are kicking in), and April is about the only month when we do not have scorching hot weather- perfect for days at the park, bike rides, hikes, fishing, cruising the lakes-
I also have a break from my teaching courses, so I won't have the stress of Chris being high maintenance (yes, a boy can be high maintenance when he is bored) and trying to read about learning disabilities!
DJ was just here for Spring Break. DJ- my 17 year old wanna be 30 stepson- is graduating high school in a few months. It seems like it was just yesterday that we met- he said, "Hi! I'm DJ! I'm 6!" He was so cute, but man was he a handful when he was young. Always in trouble- wait, he never actually grew out of that. (smile) He is a good kid and I love him dearly. I remember what it is like to be 17 and have the whole world at your fingers- and think that you are an adult and know everything when really you don't have a clue about life yet. He will get there soon enough- why rush it.
So - off for an adventurous day with my boy-
Later
Leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment